Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to all.

Have had my traditional 25th December breakfast of ham and tomato on toast with a cup of tea and am feeling good despite the threatening message left on the answering machine late last night. [Not related to any recent postings]

Get down to the cooking part later, I am reasonably organised I think, always something comes up though, as long as I do not have to go out and defend my honor at 40 paces I should be able to handle it.

Down in my birth place things are a little unsettled with the remnants of a cyclone running across the country from the North West. Lots of rain and humid but cooler temperatures down in Sydney, better than 40 in the shade for sure.

We are at -7 and I can see stars so mainly clear. There is enough snow still on the ground to give it the seasonal feeling, though there is nothing better that snow fall on Christmas day.

Later: Sounds like the Paul's on Gypsy Life are OK. Pastor Charlie based in Nain was talking to them on their Sat phone today. They are able to get to shore to replenish their wood and water supply.

3 comments:

The Voyage of the Wanderbird said...

Hello Brian, Fran and Siutik. We wish you a very Merry Christmas from us to us. We are aboard the Wanderbird down in the Caribbean trying to make it pay after last summer's weak season. Nice here , but quite frankly it's too hot. Be well, your friends, Rick and Karen

Shammickite said...

Happy times to you and Fran, Brian! Enjoy the day. I opened prezzies with grandson Callum this morning, and will be having a Christmas dinner with his other grandma this evening.

dannytoro1 said...

Have a Happy Holidays! I hope everyone up there has a thoroughly enjoyable Christmas.