Thursday, December 03, 2009

Let the festivus begin.

We were invited to the seniors Christmas dinner yesterday [my how time flies]. This one was put on by the Nain Community Clinic staff.
It has been quite some time since I have any medical issues I guess, the last time I was there people insisted on calling the clinic the ‘health center’, but I digress. A big thank you to the staff and other helpers for a fine meal.

The weather while warm was down in snow and light rain most of the day; this may have contributed to quite a few empty places at the dinner. Santa said had negative words for me when I mentioned to him I had been a good boy, bad Santa.
Later that evening two clinic staff and another person dropped two hand made Christmas stockings full of goodies. There is some involvement from another source but I am not up on the facts of that as yet.


Posted by Picasa


In the afternoon on a walk we came upon a limping Harald Paul, he stopped and chatted as we proceeded down to the Gypsy Life looking quite lonely moored at the dock at low tied.

The reason Harald was limping, plus his sore shoulder, was the activity he and his wife have been involved in these past two weeks. Moored with the Gypsy Life is this barge built out rather large of spruce trees. Photos to follow.

The building of the barge was a larger job that thought, but being resourceful and determined built it was. It seems the floating of it was the bigger job taking some hours of physical and mechanical efforts.

Reason for the barge? To float their ski doo back to the winter location.

After a very positive report Thursday night on Here & Now about the Rigolet board walk, last night it was back to the negative with the lead story being about a three year old report on the Jens Haven School and putting the whole community in a bad light. The story is 1.06 into the video.
I would like to see those figures released from that report.

What irks me is that all the ministers of the province seem to be passing the buck over to the Nunatsiavut Government. Hello people, education and child warfare is provincial responsibility. Like same as the marine transport.

Sure NG is WORKING TOWARDS taking over these files at a future date. That date is a ways off yet so stop pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining please ministers of the province, deal with it as you would any other place in the province. On second thought.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

Christmas party already! Christmas must be closer that I think... better get some shopping done I suppose.