Monday, October 26, 2009

A nice dollop of snow has fallen over the last 24 hours or so. Nothing serious but enough to give that lovely wintery feeling.

Siutik sure appreciated it burying her head in any accumulations while doing her sensing schick, and leaving long lines in the snow with her nose.

With the past weeks events no forgotten I will be a bit on the apprehensive side this week. Back on the 17th Fran dropped her guard in a moment of weakness; I saw the opening and jumped at it.

I was just doing searches for prices of DSLR cameras; Fran noticed this and asked “what are the prices like now”. I answered that I had not come across any deals on the one I wanted, they seemed to have evaporated.

“Oh” said Fran, “you should think about getting one soon”.

While checking out Henry’s site……. BINGO. The bundle I was looking for @ 160 bucks off.

So I ordered it, on the Monday I had a notice that my purchase had to be brought in from another branch and it would delay delivery by 3 to 4 days.

True to their word the bundle was shipped late Thursday.

Canada Post had it in St. John’s by Friday morning, no update since then, not an anomaly as some times there are no further updates until one receives the items.

So with the weather unsettled and Canada Posts reputation I will be some what on pins and needles for a while. My old digital is hard to operate with the rubber band around it, plus one set of rechargeable batteries are just about on there last legs.

Lets hope things do not go like a recent package sent to me from Toronto via Purolator, the courier arm of Canada Post.

It made it to Quebec City in good time then became lost in the never never land of packages some place for 11 days. It miraculously re appeared with a new tracking number and continued on its merry way.


Later:

Turning out to be a nice day, on the windy side but that is the norm after some snow.

People are out for the first time this season shoveling walk ways and drive ways [well some are], council working on clearing the roads, mounds of dirty snow just like the cities. Oh well only till the last boat runs.

3 comments:

Table Mountains said...

somehow when i order things online it always seems to hit a snag in new brunswick when i track it.

Brian said...

Getting mail into and out of this province is really weird, comes in all directions and by all methods.

My parcel got from TO to St.John’s overnight, and then the expected delivery date in Nain is November 2, 10 days within the province.

Shammickite said...

Well, I hope the mail gets through all that snow!