Friday, October 02, 2009

From the people who gave us the infamous $55.00 watermelon:

12 tenderloin steaks [small I think] for $71.99 last week. Same package this week going for $41.99.

There is a story that goes with this: Last week, in conversation with a couple of visitors to our fair town, it was mentioned by them that they had noticed steak in said store going for 77 bucks.
I mentioned that maybe they had been mistaken, oh yeah said the visitors, “what about the 55 buck watermelon”. That melon will stay with us to the end of our days it seems.

Anyway back to the meat of the story. Next day I go down to the store and have a look in the freezers. Sure enough there was several vacuum packets of something that looked like meat, it had been thawed and re frozen.
The only labeling was a hand written sticker with “12 tenderloins steaks” “$71.99”.

While in the store yesterday I checked again, same labeling and going for $41.99.

I wonder if that is a 40 buck mark down or was the original price a mistake.
In my humble opinion the meat should not be on sale, it looks gross, not to mention unhealthy.

Also mentioned before several times. The selection and the condition of the food in the freezer section of the two main stores is bordering on the abhorrent. There are dribs and drabs of fresh supplies, but nothing of substance all summer and now we are into the fall.

I continue to ask why this is so, I continue to receive the same replies, “the orders have been phoned in”. I am sure this is so in most cases, and I am sure that containers continue to be routed incorrectly, left behind or just forgotten about.

But surely this can not be the only reason?

I asked the manager of Northern about who he/we can go to in attempts in getting this sorted out. His reply was, “no one, it will not do any good”. Bloody great in it?

Hmmmmmmmm, 15 months! 15 + 9 concurrently = 15 - ? = ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My question is what about best before dates and expiry dates on the store shelves

Brian said...

Best before dates and ingredients, ha ha ha ha. This is Northern Labrador, what is not good enough and out of date for other regions usually gets shipped to us.

The thing that bugs me is, people sit back, bitch about it in private and still go in and buy the stuff.
I keep being told that it is like that everywhere. Well if that is so how come you usually don’t see the type of crap and out of date foods we have on shelves in the south?

Anonymous said...

LOL I agree.There may be the odd item on the shelf in the south.My understanding is thats its a common occurance.Which is very sad