Saturday, February 16, 2008

T's the weekend

thank Yahweh for that

Well I’m happy that that second half of the week is at an end, I can re charge for the next, wonder what it has in store.
One thing led to another, some not related, except that several incidents involved the NMC.
One was I had occasion of being forced to abandon one of my long lived principles [at least in my eyes] in the interest of protecting the owners of the NMC [it’s me upbringing]. What transpired will remain with me, suffice to say I knew my actions would upset certain people, and it did, joys of taking responsibility.

Then on the same day the circulating pump on our furnace went kalunk, low and behold I did not have a back up, then my usual suppliers phone was on busy for hours. We did cop a break with the weather, temperatures rose and we did not get the wind forecast.

Then on the same day, late afternoon, I was asked to do a favor [it’s me upbringing] by some one who has not earned any favors to put it mildly. In the act of carrying out this unearned favor I slip on a snow covered icy hill, flat on the upper right side of my back [first fall this season]. Needles to say some unmentionable thoughts were going through my mind as I carried on in some pain to carry out the unearned favor. Taking deep breaths and having the pain to contend with actually helped me deal with what turned out to be a not so urgent matter; it certainly was not in my bailiwick.

The day after the circulating pump gave out I phoned a friend in Goose Bay for assistance, within minutes he had a number for me of a chap who could get a pump. Several more minutes later said chap he had a pump on the way to me from St. John’s, delivery Friday morning, weather permitting.

I called the airline local agent around 1.30, no pump, but she added a plane was due at 2. I go down at 2.15, low n behold my little package was there on the apron, looking quite lonely in amongst all those big boxes of weekend cheer.

Forty five minutes later the pump was connected and furnace up and running, good thing too as it got down to -26 or so overnight.

Our sleep has been interrupted more than usual with the puppy’s bloody noisy goings on. Not only do they squealing when mom is around but they are staring to interact with each other, lots of growling and barking, who will be the head of the pack is not yet clear, but the little fawn female takes no prisoners or bullshit from the others.
I have had to raise the corral railing to prevent escapes, will have to raise it again as the female white one did a runner. She managed to get into the smallest kind of space behind a desk.

here are they are at 28 dyas.




2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Hooray for furnace circulating punps and for friends in Goose Bay! And hooray for puppies, even though they are noisy and starting to make a nuisance of them selves, they're so cute.
I had a Siberian Husky for 13 years.... the first 10 years were the worst.

Anonymous said...

Your kindly welcome...signed, Yahweh