Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I crossed paths with Carter Bear and his mom at the Goose airport yesterday.

I was arriving in town to get some chiropractic work done, Carter Bear as there waiting for the second flight to Nain, going on a visit to see the fam jam, he sure loves airports and planes.

I'm staying at Carter Bears, no one here is Carters dad is flying down the Quebec north shore.

Must say I am not a fan of Goose Bay in the spring, pills of dirty snow, no foot paths or walking trails cleared, vehicles with what looks like inches of mud all over them, not used to Canadian city life I think.

Add to that the legions of big pick ups with flags on them, has the distinctive frontier town look for sure.Wonder if it will go back to the status quo in a few years.

Had one session of bone cracking, get another couple before going home. Early days yet but my body is showing signs of receptiveness to the treatment.

2 comments:

Old Brooktrout said...

Funny you should mention that. I get to see a lot of similar sized towns. HVGB has not developed into a northern city yet. It really does still feel like a frontier boom town waiting for the next big thing.

Shammickite said...

Maybe Carter will grow up to be a pilot just like his papa!