Monday, April 18, 2011

Some accumulation on the ground from yesterday afternoon and last night, it’s still falling this morning, putting planes on hold.


Grandson Matthew will not be happy; he was supposed to fly out this morning to visit Carter and Aimee for a week, still time though.


Could it be as some feared, we will get all our snow fall late spring? Hope not as it is really not needed now, unless you want to recreate in it.


I posted this picture of a caramelized pear pie I made on facebook; it caused quite a lot of drooling.

I had not cooked with pears before, one reason would be the pears we get here are usually green and hard, but this last week some variety of yellow skins with red overtone, this to me indicates they are ripe and most likely very tasty.

They were, at least after caramelizing and a tot of brandy added at the finish.








So I must go out and get my banjo a humming and remove some of this accumulation before it all melts, then again?




4 comments:

dogbait said...

You want pears? Went to the nieces last week and collected hundreds of lovely, juicy pears off her trees. A bit like a pear processing plant here at the moment.

Old Brooktrout said...

haha banjo playing, I forgot about that expression. That's a great one.

Brian said...

Lucky bugger dogbait. In the same vain, Nain could be called an open air abattoirs at the moment with all the caribou being processed.

OBT. Fran was wondering about your lack of comments of late. My explanation was that I had not dealt with any controversial subjects, you proved me wrong.

dogbait said...

Nothing untoward. I've just been slack with blogging in general of late. Even my posts seem to stretch out these days. I'm always lurking about and I do enjoy your missives and photos.