Thursday, April 21, 2011

I was mulling over the timing for posting these pictures, but it is part of life up here so here ya go.










It is of the processing of the first polar bear shot this year.
Nice looking meat and lots of fat.

The use of the chain saw is not what I would consider the local way of butchering animals.
Some people do amazing things with just a hunting [and some times kitchen] knives. I am sure the shooter of this animal has those skill sets.
Word is an interloper just came over with saw and electrical cord-and proceeded to saw away.

I have edited out faces and the pictures were taken by Gina Dicker who kindly gave me permission to use them.

I have a correction on yesterdays post: The choral tour is in Makkovik now until Saturday. They then go to Hopedale until Tuesday.

One and maybe two of the Nain choir will go to Hopedale specially to sing a hymn that is performed only at Easter. Seems there was discussion about preforming it here in Nain but the local brethren won out. Dont see that often.

1 comment:

MargaretJ said...

Brian,

Thanks for posting. It's interesting, and if this bear meat makes it to your table, please let us know.