Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter to all.

It was clear early but clouding over now, still heading for a nice day I would think.

I have been monitoring the non event [from consumer perspective] to date of the NNC program locally [as you may have figured out]. I sent an e mail to the Advisory board along the lines of my blog post, after two days of no response I then sent an e mail to the interim head of NNC. He responded quickly [which I appreciate], but as usual it was full of bureaucratize [which I have never gotten used to]. It did state that NNC is behind the eight ball what with the federal Election being called, but went on to say that NNC is catching up and certain issues will be dealt with, like after Easter.

From my point of view there has been ample lead up time to get things sorted out, but what can you do eh?

Up north the program continues to be panned, especially in the comments section by consumers.

I know for sure that the stores here have promotional material and labeling to ID items shipped under the program but are waiting for the green light for start up.

I am not sure where the green light signal is to come from. I am sure that it will be well over four weeks since the programs inception for the signal to go green.

Meantime the retailers are benefiting from the subsidy, hopefully the consumers are also, we just have no idea if we are and how much. I suspect [with good reason] that one store is not passing on the full NNC rebate on certain items.

I am also not happy with the way NNC is monitoring the prices. At the moment an audit will be done every three months. This audit will then be analyzed to see if the retailer is complying, how long that will take who knows.

My question is; what happens if they are not complying. Is there a fine, slap over the wrist?

How will the consumers be reimbursed for any over charges that have occurred at the check out? I don’t think most people will be keeping all, if any, of their receipts. Small amounts of overcharging, multiplied by many people over many weeks adds up to large amounts of overcharging.

This whole program is well on the way to a potential boondoggle for the retailer unless NNC gets its finger out post hast.

Retailers and NNC officials can protest all they want that the subsidy is being past on to consumers. Until there is black and white proof then it is their fault if consumers continue to be skeptical and accusatory of being ignored and ripped off.

No comments: