Friday, September 24, 2010

Windy and clear again Thursday, gusts up to 91 K did not prevent the two ships leaving port early in the morn. One report of a tree down in a back yard is the only damage I have heard about, more damage caused by habitual criminals doing B&E’s this week.


Speaking of vegetables; I think I have finely concocted the ultimate relish recipe. The full ingredients and amounts will remain my little secrete, patented pending and all you know.


I had a small amount of rhubarb and was wondering aloud about what to do with them. Fran says “some relish would be nice”.

After some googleing and checking out recipe books I finely decided to put my own variations to an English recipe for rhubarb raspberry relish.

The main ingredients are: rhubarb, red berries and raisins. Result was a sweet tasting fruity concoction with spicy bitter overtones.


It was very very good accompanying an Angus Beef hot dog [from Northern] on fresh home made multi grain bread, home made coleslaw and home made dressing.

The drumstick was for variation of taste.
















I’m thinking one of my favorite vegetables will soon be in short supply going by this story. I never did fancy carrying those pepper spray thingy’s while walking the hills, now if I feel the need for protection all I need is a trusty courgette.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

Good use of a zuccini in my opinion.