Sunday, September 06, 2009

My bad ol cold kept me inside and resting all day yesterday, only Fran and the dog did not go unnoticed.

My intent was not to blog again until Tuesday but while reading the online version of the Labradorian I came across this letter to the editor.

The letter is very moving for me and much more poignant for many of the Hebron relocatees and decedents I would think.

It is also relevant to the posting of last week, maybe it will help Tom and others understand that it is not only this 28 year resident of Nain who has feelings and many doubts about what is happening to the Inuit and their culture and language.

I link to the letter here.

Addendum to the post above:
I would just like to add that to my mind it is not just the Hebronimiut and their descendants that are the victims of this assimilation that is going on. It is all Inuit, no matter what town or region of Labrador you are from.

No comments: