Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It was a nice weekend for being outside, except for the black flies, or sand flies, or whatever the hell they are called, combination of both plus others I would guess.
On Sunday I did relent to Fran’s subtle badgering about going to pick some berries. We tried two locations with good breezes blowing, still the little buggers got in your face and up orifices, both times we made a strategic withdrawal.

I managed to get 2 cups of red and Fran about a cup of blue before the retreat.

Fran has her blue on cereal, I made up some muffins. The recipe calls for 3 cups berries so I added a cup of grated zucchini to make up the difference. Tuned out a nice combo, retained the tartness of the berry with added moister from the zucchini. I share my muffins, someone gets cranky if anyone eats the blue, except if there grandkids.





This is from the “what the hell were they thinking” files. As soon as I read about this new name for a vegemite product I thought of the ‘new coke’ fiasco, looks like history is repeating itself.
Not so much for the name but for the product itself, Christ, if I want cheese with my vegemite I will add it myself, not that I would mind you……….OK I do add cheese slices at times.
I am a happy little vegemite.........


Some links to provincial MSM stories that are of interest to and of Labrador, one more personal than the other.

The fire that destroyed some contractor’s machinery in Hopedale was working on an extension to the water and sewer service for the town.

This story is more on the personal side. I, and I am sure others, are hoping that the victim is not made into the guilty again. Typical of the man to blame others and events for his own personality traits.

3 comments:

dannytoro1 said...

I know you must have muffin bandits in your neck of the woods. The berries look much juicer then I'd imagine. I do blackberry muffins here, but they are not nearly as juicy looking as that.

Shammickite said...

About that vegemite.... that's a dumb new name for the new product, and who would want cream cheese mixed in with it anyway??? YUK!
Now, where's my MARMITE?

Brian said...

Marmite shmarmite, I have a jar here with just one scoop out of it, what’s your mailing address ;-}

Latest is that Kraft Oz has withdrawn the new name and asking people to submit new suggestions. I am with you, a needless stupid product, with the cream cheese that is.