Monday, November 10, 2008







Yesterday I did a Greek theme super, sort of.

I marinated some chicken [kotopoula] in a dry rub then some garlic and pepper concoction. Marinated some lamb and put them arnakisoavlos] and had some sausage [loukanika] that did not need spicing up, very hot Italian, must remember to buy mold next time.

I did a sort of rice dish [plafi]. I marinated some finely chopped vegetables in a ginger kiwi marinade, it was hot too but it tempered down when added to the rice.
I sautéed the vegetables, added a bit of beer and then added the cooked basmati rice just before serving, it turned out quite well according to all who partook.

It has been snowing for quite some time now, started light yesterday and this morning it is getting heavier.

I am not sure when I well get to post this as the bloody hydro went out at around 7 this morning, it is now 9.30.

I hooked the computer up to the generator, after boiling the kettle and having some toast.
I can’t connect to the internet as the local remote computer seems to be down too.

Me thinks it is time Hydro to have a sit down with the community and explain what the hell is going on.
By community I mean a public meeting. What can we expect come the colder months, if they are having troubles this time of year then it does not bode well for temperatures in the -20 range.


No comments: