Sunday, November 16, 2008

But this is

Labrador II.

Subsequent to finishing the last post I went back to bed for a snooze.

I was rudely awakened by silence in the house and the dim cloud laden light of dawn beaming through the window.
Something is amiss thinks I in my groggy half a wake state. Seconds later I realize WTF is going on.
The 57 Chevy has broken down again, or whatever vintage and make and model the Hydro PR person used as an analogy to the back up generators they sent up here.

It was about 7.20, not sure of the exact break down but it would be around 7 to 7.20.

It is now 8.20 as I write this, so we don’t know if this was a planed outage or they have found more rust on the Chevy.

Hark, me thinks I hear the sound of a radio………………why it is a radio, the one in the bedroom, so that means the power has been restored, oh joys and praise Yahweh.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

If this is happening now, what's going to happen in the dead of a Labrador winter? Better make sure you all have double the usual long underwear requirements at hand.
PS, watched the space shuttle go up on Frday, fantastic experience.