Friday, August 15, 2008

Weather gods are not all bad.

The northern part of the province was bathed in sun yesterday, it made it up to 26c. Down around St.John's way was not so lucky, they have a heavy rain warning out for today too.

I must have been dreaming, I was sure that I heard Canada had won it's first medal in the 2008 Olympics. Alas I cant seem to find any news about it this morning. Still time though.

Over the last 2 days I counted another three sail boats of varying sizes and one speed boat passing through town. Did not have time to hand around to find out details, but it sure has been busy times this season for passing through boats.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Your landscapes are so beautiful in their summer colours. I haven't heard anything about any medals, but really... those athletes are competing against the best in the world, and I'm very proud that they are there at all. And Canadian records are being beaten every day.
And those husky pups are great big bundles of furry fun.
We had a husky as a pet for 13 years... never again! Cute, but lots of trouble.

Shammickite said...

I just read this . $55 for a watermelon? Outrageous.