Saturday, August 02, 2008

Evil is as evil does.

Well the window for flights opened up by 3 pm yesterday. It was strange watching the sun peek through broken cloud to the east and the fog slowly lifting, most people did not take it seriously thinking it would come back down any time.
We were wrong, in the short term. Not sure the number of flights that arrived in a short window but it was quite a few.
About 6.30 we wondered down to BigLand. They were just unloading some food by mail items from the truck
We hung around while the staff rushed to put the produce on the shelves, the produce being in good condition we purchased about $25.00 worth; the store was going to remain open until 8.30.

Not surprisingly the fog is back this morning.

Now this announcement comes as no surprise to me.

Mr. Andersen was an enigma; I always maintained that he never had the best interest of the Labrador Inuit at heart even though he played a high profile role in the negotiations for self government and IBA’s

Andersen was always stand offish, arrogant to a fault; I thought his abilities and contribution to the Inuit were always over rated.
I think he only stuck around with LIA and then Nunatsiavut because he and a small band of others controlled the strings of the puppet heads of the organizations. Perhaps the new regime can think for them self so Andersen said adios amigos; I’m off to greener pastures where I can control the agenda.
Any way I wish the evil barstard bad vibes, he is in good company at Aurora.

This highlights another omission on the NG legislation: looks like NG has neglected to introduce any legislation prohibiting senior staff and NG members from switching from government to the private sector without some sort of cooling off period. Most other governments have them, no surprise really that it was not in NG legislation seeing as it was Andersen and his elk that drew up most of it.
This should tell the people of Nunatsiavut what the uranium debate is all about, me me me, money money money.

While on the topic of evel and deception, this case sure follows in that vain.

2 comments:

Wejitu said...

Well, I guess not as many local people reads your blab as you thought...

Brian said...

It is not important who or how many local people read what I write, but me thinks you would be surprised at how many do.
One thing seems certain; I can always count on the odd uniformed inane comment from wejitu.