Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sunny sunny sunny.

Took to the hills yesterday afternoon, Siutik needed a run, we have been doing a lot of walking but no free running for her in about a week.
The day was clear and about 17c. I took the risk of being bitten to bits by flies and wore shorts, some time one has to throw caution to the wind.

Once off the leash she had a great time tearing up the caribou moss with her sharp turns and charging through the woods with abandon. Lots of birds chased but as usual none caught.

On the way home I took these two pictures from the hill we took the tourists to on Monday. This day the coast guard ship Matthew was in port re fueling, and this little sail/motor boat was making its way in, it had just dropped its sails as I readied the camera [bummer].

As to caution to the wind, not one bite, the flies were not a bother at all, a constant light breeze is the best bug repellent of all.

As to sunny, well it has been great, feels like forever but has only been a couple of days. South of here has not been so lucky, fog and rain is the order of the day it seems. Lets hope the forecasters are spot on this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

from hot humid Houston area, the pictures and descriptions make me miss Nain and refresh me. Oh how I long to take more cool summer walks around hills of Nain. I miss my slow foggy days of Labrador, too. thank you for the little bits of my Labrador home you bring me. it sometimes like I almost never left.

Anonymous said...

What kind of dog ?? is Abandon that your dog tears through the woods with chasing birds ???? not a bird dog I guess....you say they never caught any....

Brian said...

Well thank you anonymous from Huston for your kind words, I am truly humbled. Hope you can get back some time to experience first hand.

To anonymous anonymous, ignorance is bliss.