Monday, July 28, 2008

The fog is so bad


this guy got lost in it.




Well maybe not, but he did walk up the road past the front of the house, up the side of the house, past the dogs favorite viewing spot and up the tree adjacent to the greenhouse. Not sure if the dog was out when this happened, no noise, just a phone call letting me know what the situ was and some young guys out looking up at it. Siutik was sniffing the ground so I guess she was not out when porky walked past.

So now I have to put the dog on a shortened lead and keep an eye on her until ol porky porcupine is gone.

3 comments:

Wejitu said...

ummmy, tasty food. The unwritten law to never skin a porky in town still exist in Nain?

Shammickite said...

You EAT porcupines?
ewwww....

Brian said...

Porcupines are considered a delicacy up here. While I have not had the pleasure of eating one [they are protected under Provincial law I believe] I do believe that the odd porcupine ends up in the pot [under Aboriginal law].

I have not heard of any unwritten law about skinning, for sure you would want to burn the quills off before going further, nasty little things those.