Saturday, July 12, 2008

Feeling saucy.

Travel + Leisure magazine has published the 10 and 100 best.

I see that Cape Breton Island made it in as the 10th best Island in the world to visit.

The Island of Newfoundland Labrador did not get a look in, nor did it get a mention in the best in North America.

Those ads with laundry flapping in the breeze in the breeze and the crazed idiot hanging over the edge of the cliff may have to be re assessed.

If they think Nain airstrip is scary have a look at this one.

4 comments:

Shammickite said...

personally, I like the laundry ads, but I'm not keen on the idiot on the cliff. I may be spending a week in St John's in Aug or Sept, I need some Newfie time!

Brian said...

Truth be known I like that one also, but like I said, feeling saucy. When the NL Government starts treating all regions of the province with respect and equally then I will stop taking pots shots at them.

When in St.John’s do not miss the fish n chips at the Ship pub. I’ll wager they will taste better than the ones you had in the old dart. And be careful of who you use the N word on, but I’m sure you know that.

Wejitu said...

The ads are all doctored anyway. None of them are real. A collage of different community scenes, some of them not even in NL. And they keep getting away with it.

Old Brooktrout said...

Those laundry and cliff ads pretty much sum things up.

I'm not so sure about that list of top islands. I love Cape Breton, spent many happy days there, but this island right here, Vancouver Island, is some kind of unearthly paradise, and it has some great cities (something Cape Breton doesn't have). But once you start comparing Easter Island with Cape Breton, you might as well throw in those other islands Britain and Australia as well.