Saturday, June 30, 2007

Warning:

Supercilious attitudes may be contained within, at least according to some.

For the information of them wot is less well informed as to the role and or purpose of Blogs I reference this official Government of Canada site. There are many more references on Blogs, but why should I do all the work?

Repeating myself I will briefly outline my purpose for Blogging. It’s covered in the official government site near the bottom, to wit, Blog - A web log: an on-line diary or frequently updated personal web page.

So I keep an online diary and present my views on life as I see it, add links to what I consider news worthy stories or views. I also like photography so selected pictures are put up for the enjoyment of who ever wants to view them.
No arm twisting or threats of retribution if you don’t log on 100 times a day, or once for that matter.

Many bloggers edit, delete or do not allow comments.

As is obvious to most I welcome comments, unedited and never deleted. I would love to receive more comments, but my readership is small and it’s a hassle for many to register with Google or Blogger.

I have no trouble with people presenting their views in the comments section, even when they clash with my views.

What I do have trouble with is entering into any protracted debate, exchange of views or ideas with people hiding under the umbrella of anonymity, no matter what their reasons for doing so.

If I have to explain why that is so to anyone, then that someone would be a fork short in the cutlery draw.
One would not want to end up in the bizzaro end of the comments world would one?

5 comments:

Table Mountains said...

a site meter might be helpful in a situation like yours.
http://www.sitemeter.com/

it might give you a better idea the location of your fan club. : )

Dogbait said...

My thoughts too. I find "Anon" annoying even if they aren't flaming.

Brian said...

Thanks guys, have statcounter, plus some times it helps not to know too much.

NL-ExPatriate said...

Actually anonymity can be a good tool to present an argument without having it slighted by pre-conceived ideals and opinions of the presenter.

By posting an opinion in anonymity the argument has to be addressed on it's merit and not from the point of view of the presenter.

Unknown said...

LKJvl;asjkv'lajskv

just testing