Saturday, June 02, 2007

Aspos pali.







By now all must be tired of images of fresh fallen snow from my window, so I will spare all from this mornings lot. I think I speak for most here that it is getting tiresome, it’s great in December, June2 is pushing the envelope.

While out yesterday I took this pic of the Nain Inuit Community Government {ICG} garage and most of the large equipment, not bad for a northern town of 1300.



Around the same time I took these of a chopper that was doing some unusual maneuvers on the periphery of town, then doing some low passes and a big u-e around the Hydro Plant before landing briefly. Pilot then took off and did a low pass over me at the ball park, then a run along the shore line, over some houses on his way to the chopper pad and re fueler at the northern end of the airstrip.

Why am I making a big deal of this, well there is a no fly zone around the community, and this guy was obviously inside that zone. Unless he was doing search and rescue, or here for an emergency situation, then he was breaching the no fly zone.
Not only are choppers noisy, it poses undue risk to the citizens unnecessarily.






No comments: