Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend bits.

Besides getting the chiro treatment, the 48 hours or so in HV-GB was a nice little break from the normal. Even though I was in considerable pain I got to see a couple of friends, they are always available to drive me around, pick me up and have a chat or meal. I usually do a lot of walking there but with the condition of the road shoulders, and the walking trails being still under slushy snow, I took them up on the offers more than usual.

I had a quick pint of Guinness at Mulligans pub; under different circumstances I would have had a couple more.

I took the opportunity to visit Fran’s mom at the Paddon home for a bit, had a chat to a couple of other ladies from Nain who are in the home.

I also had two quick visits to Terrington Consumers Co Op. Nice to shop in a modern, clean, well stock store for a change.

On other things, I have noticed that lately the Canadian media are covering more stories from down under. It was not always so, wonder what has changed that the interest has piqued?
Things like drought and drifting yachts did not seem to be on the radar screen before.

Same can be said for the other way I guess, at least the non coverage of Canadian issues. I can remember back in the Trudeau days there was always something on Canada in Australian media, usually revolving around PET and his colorful life style and family issues. That dried up after he called it quits, my mother used to often mention that Canada was a non event in media down there.
I can understand not wanting to cover the boring bland bunch that has been the norm over here for some time. I don’t think even this can have any major effect on his charisma. He should try getting hold of this guys fluffier, though with the frosty relationship between the two that is doubtful.

No comments: