Monday, April 23, 2007

ANZAC.



Another ANZAC day approaches down under.

My father, who is 93, used to have some big bashes with his army buddies in the back yard of our house. I used to make some good small change running to the shops for all and sundry while the men played two up and drank. As years passed and I was able to join clubs I had my own games of two up [with limited success] and partook of the occasional schooner. I attended a few local dawn services, after we would watch the city march on TV.

Dad is in hospital this year so wont be with his buddies, not many left any way. Mom used to help out at the local RSL quite a bit being in the Woman’s Army Corp in WWII. So in honor of them; at the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them, have a good one.

1 comment:

Dogbait said...

My father got bombed and shot at in WW2 and turns 93 this year.