Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday morning coming down.


Heard about this on CBC radio overnight program. Seems like a new concept that is just under way for the NSW election.

It could be a nice way for raising money for charities over this way. From a provincial perspective some lucky charities would be looking at a not bad bonanza come October with promises for Labrador not kept. It would work well on the federal level as well. Only one term to come up with the goods.

It would stop politicians from promising the moon, but better still it would penalize parties who do not keep their promise when elected. What we have now is a large part of the electorate gullibility buying into the same promises at each election.

We had a weekend of ratty weather, Saturday clear but cold, Sunday flat in snow and or rain all day, but a lot warmer. Today snow but supposed to clear later with temperatures dropping. As long as the wind stays away, yeah right like god didn’t make little green apples.

Out shoveling snow this morning, started to get a sweat up, it reminded me of my first summer here back in 1978. I was outside my sisters house dressed pretty warm, it was about 10c, not quite what I was used to summer time. This guy walks past heading home from his boat, “almost too warm” was his comment after initial greeting. That’s how I felt this morning, almost too warm.

Photos taken at Cod Island, September 1978.



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I noticed your post about www.truthmaker.com.au which said it was on CBC radio. Do they replay an ABC program from over here or was it done by CBC themselves? Mail me at 'info AT truthmaker.com.au', I'd love to know.