Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bloody hell daux.

I know, you are sick of weather subject, so are we.

But here are some more pictures taken this morning. Yesterday I had leveled out [as I had all year] to just below the bottom of the steps, nice fluffy light snow is a joy to work with, so I did not mind.

After the wind it is like this. Hard packed wind blown snow takes the joy out of moving it. First picture is from bottom of the steps. It was up to the division of the window, past years it has ended up almost to the top of the window, still time for that I guess. Third picture is from the top of the mound where I have the ski doo at moment.

So today I say bugger it, I’m just going to level out the pack and tamp it down for now until my attitude improves.

Thanks for the feed back from Anonn in previous post.

Uperty date: Now I feel better, after having to change the plugs on the ski doo, going to the post office and picking up all the bills and driving back into -38c wind chills I fell on top of the world.

5 comments:

Dogbait said...

I never get sick of your weather subjects or photos. I find terms like "-38" fascinating. Scary, actually! Then I suppose +38 is relatively the same!

Off the subject, do you still have family here in Oz and have you been back since 1978?

Paradise Driver said...

I am impressed with your electrical service provider. Above ground poles, the most inclement weather and no (or at leastfew) power failures.

If southern Canada or the "lower 48" had that much wind/snow/ice the power would be out for weeks.

Brian said...

Hi Dogbait, Done the hot xmas dinner in +40 odd, guess you could say I’ve done the full circle on that.
Still have parents kicking up Liverpool, siblings in NSW. Rest of family in NSW or Qld, some down in Deniliquin and even into Vic I believe.
Have only two relies outside Ottawa and a sister and nephew up here.
There is one other Oz here, we are not close though. Several Oz down in Goose Bay, in the medical field.

Some times I think of the anomaly that I am, never was a follower, just an individual who despises injustice and inequality, can’t seem to get that out of my system. You did not ask for that but there it is anyway.


PD, think I will do a post on the electrical system [hydro], lines coming down is on peoples minds with weather like we have had.

Brian said...

Oh yeah,
I neglected to mention for Dogbait that I have been back to Oz once since 1978. Fran, granddaughter Aimee and I took the plunge in 2001. Both very impressed with the country, people, green and flowers in winter especially.
Aimee learnt to swim while there, the trip to Great Barrier Reef had quite the impact on her, and me.
Heading home 3 weeks after 9/11 was a bit of a worry, but no big issues.

Dogbait said...

Brian, thanks for that insight. Look forward to the post on the electrical system too.