Monday, March 12, 2007

Adventurers.

Came across these two outside the hotel on Monday lunch time. The guy is from Quebec, I recognized him from couple years ago, and when I broached the subject he feigned ‘no speak a de English’.
There is a story behind stories here, not sure of the intricacies, but this is the third time the guy has tried to get from Nain to George River [Kangiqsualujjuaq] in Northern Quebec, each time he has returned short of destination. He has the large sled, a smaller one behind, the dog and himself as power.
I only pulled up to see the dog, a beautiful friendly animal about a year old, don’t really give a shit about the intricacies, but if they do fall into my hands I’ll pas them on.

3 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

Questions:

What is the population Of Nain?

When the snows are gone, what mode of transportation do you use?

I see that people can get there by ski-mobile in the winter but is that route transversable when there is no snow?

What medical facilities/services do you have?

What law enforcement do you have?

What about fire prevention/protection?

I have a gazillion more questions but I'll hold those for later.

Dogbait said...

We went through Quebec and absolutely no one spoke English.

Isn't that old guy from Maui nosy! Looking forward to the answers anyway!

Brian said...

Dogbait,

Quebec can be difficult for non French speakers. Some parts in the Montreal and Eastern Townships areas are more prone to speaking to you in English, also across the river from Ottawa.

My answers will be in next post.

Ciao.