Thursday, March 08, 2007

Comfort food, Greek style.

My buddy eating lotuses over in Greece keeps reminding me how relaxing and warm that part of the world is. Though spring can be quite wet from my experiences there.

So for a nice Mediterranean break I cooked up this dish last evening.
Crumbed chicken [kotopoulo]. I whipped up a light beer based tempura batter and dipped some potato slices [patates], egg plant [meldzanes], zucchini [kolokithakia] and fried them. Topped them off with some feta and brie cheese. Sautéed some portabella mushroom [manitaria] in butter.
Fran even enjoyed the klokithakia, most unusual.
If we can’t be there at least we can eat like we are.
For them what’s interested: you can get information and track the racers in this years
Cain’s Quest snow mobile race. 2,000 kms of spine jarring ridding I do not need, but for some it’s fun.

No comments: