Monday, January 15, 2007

I’ve always wondered.

Well maybe not always, but sure as hell did this morning. I wondered what the wind chill on my nose and cheeks were as my face traveled at 35 KPH into a wind of 71 KPH at a temperature of -23c. Without the speed of my face it was -41 chill at the time.

Why did I do this one may ask, well mainly to get some stove oil to make sure I did not run out any time soon.
A number of people were over there getting oil; they had run out over the weekend. It’s happened to me in the past, but not lately, it’s hell on the fingers bleeding oil lines, some times thawing them out, in this type of weather. Yes, there is water in the oil at times, well most times up her, another thing you have to make allowances for.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I’ll pass your comments along to those that do, too numerous to mention here though, can I use your name?

The Fishician said...

I figured you'd spit your morning coffee out at that one. But please--no names. I might owe thema gallon of oil from the last time I ran out (It was only $108 a drum then).

The worst part about running down is that it takes half the tank to heat the house again. Over here in Blighty they've got heaters that take in the heat on the cheap rate between midnight and 6 a.m., when the power companies buy it, then store it in hot bricks to release all day. It's useless.

Brian said...

They still have those coin meters for gas?
No names, and its 228.60 at the pump now, plus delivery if your that way inclined.