Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Clear day not.

The mostly clear day forecast for yesterday did not eventuate. Instead we had snow then wind all day. Goes to prove you can never out guess Mother Nature no matter if the weather office is in Gander of Halifax. I’m up for more shoveling; many people have been shoveling snow off the roofs of houses, so that’s a sign of accumulation.

Fran brought this story to my attention.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:AivRLPOE1jgJ:www.theworld.org/%3Fq%3Dnode/6875+a+long+journey+north+to+say+goodbye&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

It’s sad, also a reminder to people for care and good planning when venturing to areas remote. Advice I neglected to heed when I first came here, guess the spirits were on my side.
One other thing that niggles me with the story, claiming to “discover” the quarry. Seems to me if it is referred to as a quarry, then some one must have discovered it before hand. But it is a common mistake, so no big deal.

2 comments:

Table Mountains said...

Thank you for the story on Anne Abrham. i posted a thread link to your blog and the article here.

http://www.downhomekitchen.com/posts.php?lastpage=1&id=6413

Brian said...

I’d never heard of her before reading the story either. Have heard of some others in the story. The incident happened 2 years before I first came to Nain. My first summer here I do remember lots of young students hanging around at times, these were fellow travelers of Ann Abraham.