Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Word spread yesterday morning of a white whale [beluga] and calf in the harbor. Being a rarity in here I hastened down to the dock. Alas the whales had headed out already. I rode down towards the northern point hoping to spot them, alas again.

Posted by Picasa

All was not lost though, got a shot of a another stranger in these parts.Kenn Borek Air had a plane on the ramp. It will be seen for the next some days in our sky's as it is fleet filler for one of the local airlines. It was on it's way from Iqaluit to Goose Bay to take up duties.

The council laid a new layer of gravel on the roads yesterday. Being a dry day it was becoming quite dusty.
This morning there was a layer of calcium on the roads, good work council.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

I just wrote a comment then it disappeared. I guess I'll have to wait until you check your email to see if it got to you or not.

Brian said...

Guess it did not get through.