Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Took a long walk yesterday, warm and the wind kept the flies at bay.



Nice day to take some photos too. The chopper had some Government WST people in to LOOK at the airstrip, not sure what the cops plane was here for, better not to know wink wink, and the raven was doing what ravens do.

Over at a brook I took some shots of Labradorite crystals in the rock. I have taken photos of these before but I am always fascinated buy the fast flow of the water and how the crystals sparkle when the sun light hits them.
This is a beautiful spot but I fear its time is short lived, as are many beautiful spots around town. I will explain more in a latter post.






Posted by Picasa

Then some shots of OPN flight 200 on approach and landing. All flights of late have been landing from the north end of runway. Yesterday was not that bad but some days the cross winds have the planes coming in at a dodgy angle, as the are about to touch down the plane straightens up and very quickly they are protected from the cross winds by the hill just to the west of the airstrip [Nain Hill].

Updaterty:  Heading for a warm one again with one big difference to past number of days.  I was intending on a nice walk again, got down to the post office area, ducked into locally owned store to grab some fly dope.
Guy said, "oh I put that away, thought it would not be needed anymore". Ha ha. He soon got some out, I am sure there will be others in to purchase same.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

There's a huge hunk of labradorite outside the Geo centre on Signal hill, I love the way it sparkles.

Brian said...

I think we will have to get that repatriated.

Old Brooktrout said...

Uh oh, sounds like more subdivisions on the way?