Saturday, September 17, 2011

Posted by Picasa

Snow on them thar hills this morn.Wxx has cleared to cloudy [streaky ones at that] with wind gusting to 46 Knots [that's sir traffic speak].

Needles to say the CAI-Nunatsiavut traffic update is as one would expect:

WEATHER ADVISORY -
DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER SCHEDULED FOR TODAY DUE FROM HURRICANE - BOTH VESSELS MAY BE DELAYED.  AS SOON AS NEW INFORMATION IS RECEIVED, SCHEDULED TIMES WILL BE UPDATED.
MV DUTCH RUNNER (Freight Only)
 Friday, Sept. 16th
Arrived Black Tickle 10:00 pm
Saturday, Sept. 17th
Due to extreme weather, MV Dutch Runner is anchored just outside Black Tickle.  As soon as winds subside an update will be issued for departure time.

Watched a spot of rugby early this morning. The Wallaby's copped a walloping from Ireland, no tries but the Irish more than held their own, especially amongst the forwards.
I am trying to console myself from fact I have Irish in the blood from my maternal grandfathers side, not having much luck.
Now if I was a Newfoundlander I could jump on the table and yell "we did it" without an ounce of guilt. .

1 comment:

ViewPoint2010 said...

I thought I sensed a *touch* of blarney there, but since you're an Aussie, I figgered I must be wrong. Now, the truth is out! LOL