Saturday, March 12, 2011

A smidgen more than a dusting would be the best way to describe the precipitation yesterday.

Forecast is for maybe 10 cm today and tonight and there is a blizzard warning, we will wait and see about that.


And we sure need some snow down on the ground, many stories of high cost of basic ski doo parts like ski rods, track slides etc and the number of times they have to be replaced.

I changed the ski rods on our machine yesterday, there was virtually nothing left of the old ones. Some people have gone through 2 or 3 sets of rods this season alone so some snow down will be welcome.

I am becoming quite proficient at knocking up souvlaki, had some again last evening with greek potatoes and a greek salad. I had never tried making greek potatoes before, which is strange given my 10 months on a Greek Island some decades ago.

I did receive high praise from our dinner guest who thought they were as good or better than any he had tried on the Danforth, which I am told is an area of Toronto with many greek restaurants.

1 comment:

ViewPoint2010 said...

The Danforth was one of my favourite places to eat over the years when I lived in Toronto. I remember one place in particular where you went into the kitchen and looked into the various pots (with the help of the cooks) and chose what you wanted for supper. It was a unique experience at the time and a great way to pick a meal rather than off a picture card like we do now.