Monday, November 15, 2010

Saturday I took a walk up the new water line road to trouser lake. Overcast with the odd flurry, and windy especially where the road peaks, its barren up there and the north west winds hit hard.
Still an enjoyable jaunt.
Trouser lake is yet to freeze over, first pond has a good skim of ice but would not want to walk on it yet.
Posted by Picasa


Later update:

Lot of people grasping for air out there, the dust is murder. Pity those with throat and chest issues and other allergies, I find it very uncomfortable myself.

I know, I have mentioned this problem before, I have contacted the council any number of times, the last being last week. The squeaky wheel does not get the grease in all cases.

For my next bitch fest: mainly my own fault being a procrastinator. I had a staple gun for years, I lent it out to someone, can’t remember who now.
Been meaning to buy one on line but kept putting it off. So this morning I said to hell with it and purchased a good brand [Arrow] at a local store. $39:95. It is a small locally owned store so I take that into consideration. Much cheaper at Rona or Canadian Tire but by the time you add shipping well the difference is not that big a deal.

Now down at Northern it is another story; same brand only stainless steel for $85 99. Those yahoos out in Winnipeg Northern management still have not come to the realization that the Labrador coast is connected to the rest of Canada by sea and road. We are not in the north where air is the only way to get freight in.
Northern brings freight in here by sea and road but still price things as if flown in; I know this for a fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last time I saw Trouser Lake was in 2007 and it did not look like that! Wow lots of happy memories fishing for lake trout there.