Wednesday, May 27, 2009




Man it is taking long for it to warm up; constant cold winds are not making it easy to enjoy the spring.
Today is the first time it has climbed up above +3, it is +7 at moment but NW winds to 32 make it feel like less. Still it is nice and sunny for a change.

I have been taking a break from blogging, lots to write about but can’t bring myself to get at it as there are not a lot of positives.

We are still doing our walks but a little shorter, the trails up into the hills are either too slushy or mostly too frozen and rough making it hairy for walking.

I took this photo of the mission plane taking off this afternoon, we were seeing S & J off for their trip to the capital city, doctors appointment, long way to go eh?

On the way back from the strip I took the one of the new NG HQ under construction. I tried to get it from about the same place I took the one back in 1978. It was the school back then, it was then used as offices and then it burnt down, so hence the new building.








The B&W photo is from about 1980, it is the rear of what was then the LIA building. It was an old construction workers accommodations converted into offices.
Times have changed; I will leave it up to each individual to insert “for better or worse”.

1 comment:

dannytoro1 said...

That's a nice pic looking over to the Mountains. I wish we had vistas like that here. Instead we have rain by the bucket load, mosquitos so large they require FAA certification and already sweltering temps into 31C range. Not real keen on the frequent lightning with the storms either....lol I suppose the dog and the wife think it's funny when I dive for the cover though. I fan some of this heat up your way.