Sunday, May 31, 2009




Elizabeth Penashue will be at it again come August, the big canoe trip down the Mista-Shipu. Click on poster to enlarge.

I have just had an epiphany: How about the RCMP taking advantage of trips like this and Elizabeth’s spring walk for some cultural awareness training. That would get any big heads down off heir high horse in quick time.

Come to think about it, we should insist that the local politicians partake in similar land based excursions with selected elders. It would re introduce some humility and human understanding into their psychic, lord know some need it urgently.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

I;ve never attempted an adventure like that, and I'm far too ancient to try it now. Okay... you're right, I would be scared stiff on a big river in a little canoe. Chicken, that's me! But I bet it would be a fabulous experience.
BTW my caribou have arrived from Ross, beautiful. I'll be posting a pic here soon. He's very talented.