Thursday, April 09, 2009

Your package has experienced an exception

What was intended to be a post of condemnation has turned into a post of congratulation.

I made a small order with Hickory Farms back on March 26th. Only reason I made the order was that two of the items ordered were heavily discounted, the other was regular price.
On check out the shipping, via UPS, came to just under the total of the order. What the hell, I figure what I saved on the sale items I pay in shipping, plus we are used to high shipping costs.

The order was not shipped until the March 30. I then had a tracking order number with UPS. It got to Quebec quickly, than nothing for awhile. Then yesterday it looked like the order was back in Quebec with the notice of: Your package has experienced an exception.
The exception was that since I lived in a remote place they could not deliver on the time promised.

So I thought that was the end of that............................ Not so.

We are at the post office this morning, nothing interesting in the mail, I was just about to walk out the door when the post master shouts out “ Hey Brian, there is something here for you”.
When I get to the counter she adds, “at least I think it is for you”. There were three boxes with ship to: Myself with my address below that.

Long story short, UPS had handed the parcels off to Purolator in Goose Bay who then handed it to Canada Post [they are one and the same anyway] who got it here quick smart from Goose Bay.

This is not the first time this has happened with orders with Hickory Farms, why they don’t just send it with Canada Post puzzles me.

Just a small tast of what sort of things we go through to live up here, then again it beats the burbs for sure.
Non the less congratulations.


Below is the stuff I had saved before going to the post office, read it bottom to top. .
Location
Date
Local Time
Description
JONQUIERE,QC, CA
08/04/2009
7:36
THE ADDRESS IS IN A REMOTE AREA AND DELIVERIES ARE NOT MADE DAILY
LACHINE,QC, CA
31/03/2009
19:59
DEPARTURE SCAN
31/03/2009
15:01
ARRIVAL SCAN
CONCORD,ON, CA
31/03/2009
7:47
DEPARTURE SCAN
CONCORD,ON, CA
30/03/2009
23:00
ORIGIN SCAN
CA
30/03/2009
11:17
BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/04/2009 9:02 ET


And here is the order total just for reference:

Product Total: $32.00 CAD
HST: $4.16 CAD
Shipping: $31.05 CAD
Shipping Surcharges: $0.00 CAD
HST: $4.04 CAD
Total: $71.25 CAD


Weather wise we are into typical ester conditions, warm [if you consider -1 warm] light snow off and on. No planes yesterday but things seem to be moving today, you don't see the planes until they get down to about 500 feet but sure can hear them.

No comments: