Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wedding of the month.

Took in the church service for the marriage of K Naime Tuglavina to Julius Merkuratsuk yesterday morning.

I was in a bad spot for taking photos but managed to put this collage together before my batteries went flat. .

I simple ceremony without any bells and whistles, no ‘wedding party’, just K Naime’s son to walk her downs the isle.
Being only in Inuktitut the ceremony was very quick and the happy couple was walking back down the isle before I new it.

Outside there was a mini blizzard in progress, made walking back very dodgy what with the gusty wind to 80 clicks, reduced visibility and the fresh snow on top of the now frozen mush underneath.

Congratulations to Kitora Naime and Julius.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Thanks for inviting me to the wedding.... congratulations to the happy couple. Live long and love forever!

Shammickite said...

Brian: thanks for speaking to Ross. I was wondering if my caribou had migrated with the rest of the herd. And then I wondered if the money order got lost in the mail but it must have got there OK. Tell Ross I'll be checking my mailbox on a regular basis from now on!