Sunday, October 05, 2008

Rule #1.

As a general rule I am the lord of our kitchen, at cooking time that is. It is not a hard and fast rule but I do not offer any encouragement for others to dabble in culinary pursuits.

Usually a simple, “she’s right” or “I think everything is under control” when people ask if they can “give a hand” or “do you need any help” does the trick.

Of course that does not apply to doing the dishes, that’s when it becomes Fran’s kitchen, gota deal with her then.


Rule #2.

Rule #1 does not mean jack when Elizabeth Penashue is visiting.

Came in from outside yesterday morning, big pot of porridge on the stove, rolled oats and flour being made into Elizabeth’s best bannock.

After breakfast it was into making Elizabeth’s famous doughnuts with raisins.

Had to work around that while making bread for our daughter. A keen interest was taken in my bread making process, as well as in the large machine that eliminates all that kneading.

So after all that intake of energy it was up to the hills for a walk in the afternoon.

The three woman went on ahead while I was finishing off baking the bread.
Caught up with them later, they had picked a few red berries but mostly the visitors were enjoying the view.


While up there the plane with the food by mail landed. Walking back about 3.30 we notice lots of vehicles out side BigLand, so I went in. The fresh supplies were just being put out on the shelves.
Produce was not in too bad a shape considering the 2 day delay in getting in, I just purchased some salad ingredients, will take my luck as to what is left Monday.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

Fabulous views! I love the colours of the moss and lichen and berry bushes and rocks.
I use a bread machine too, best invention ever!

Shammickite said...

Fabulous views! I love the colours of the moss and lichen and berry bushes and rocks.
I use a bread machine too, best invention ever!

Brian said...

Bread makers are handy, but does yours make 12 loves at once and weight 400Lb.

I have one that does 1 round loaf, do not use it anymore.