Friday, October 03, 2008

Post XXVII.




I’d like to thank those folks for their best wishes, those who posted here, the odd one on the street and radio, Fran and I appreciate it.
The day was quite busy, seeing some people off, welcoming another one.



The break in the rain was welcome; I took advantage of it and took a very antsy dog for a walk in the hills.
It is ablaze in fall colors up there, as ablaze as it will get any way.



The generator I had ordered arrived on the ranger on Wednesday so yesterday I oiled and fueled her up, gave her a kick start and test, looks good.
So I have 2.5 kva with a power ratio of 1 [whatever that means] at my disposal.

Later in the day we picked up our honored guest [she is my hero] at the airstrip. Elizabeth Penashue is staying with us until Sunday.

It is the first time I have had a chance to talk to this very courage’s lady, very impressive I must say, great sense of humor too, I think we are all at ease with each other.
Foggy this morning, love it when the fog rolls around the hills this time of year.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

WOW she sounds like an impressive member of the community, I would love to meet her one day. How lucky you are to have her as a guest.

Brian said...

Elizabeth is sure something else, such inner strength, and projects a calmness and confidence that she is right in her views.
No ranting and raving, just tells stories of her life without any embellishments.
No wonder the power brokers only response to her is one of dismissal.

9 kids, 29 grandkids, 6 great grand kids and still has time to do what she does. Next thing is a walk from Goose Bay to Gull Island on the Trans Labrador highway to protest the planed lower Churchill development.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this woman should be declared a national treasure. So fortunate that you and Fran get to spend time with her.