Friday, April 11, 2008

Well I watched

for two days but never did see it. Not that that is a bad thing. I think we can do without a winter storm in April.

I was in one of the stores yesterday morning, one of the assistance mentioned to me that they had some fresh leeks come in and would be out on the shelf shortly, [we love leek n potato soup]. I mentioned that I had been resisting buying leeks of late due to their high cost. The assistant agreed that everything is going up expedientialy of late.

I asked how much were the leeks now, she pointed to three skinny wilting [just a little thicker than my thumb] leeks on the shelf and the $3.09 label below them. I asked "is that a pound or Kilo"?
"Each" was the reply. "Ouch"

Nuff said. After discarding the dirty and green parts I figure the price would more than double for the usable part.

3 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

OUCH!

Anonymous said...

Will you die without a leek...it's your choice to buy or not...it's your choice of where you live...if you can't live without leeks move back to leek land.....a lot of people live all their lives without such things...you should be glad you can afford such things....most people can't....congrats on getting the new building up and running.

Shammickite said...

Hmmm, I'd mail you a big box of 'em but I can't trust Canada Post to get them to you within the lifetime of a leek.