Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nunatsiavut Election 2008.

To date three candidates have been interviewed by Okalakatiget Society radio, Jim Lyall, Johannes Lamp and Natan Obed [I got Natan correct this time]. I would assume that Zippy Nochasak will be next but not sure when.

To date I have come across two on-line sites that are promoting the candidates the platforms and the PROMISSES.

I am sure candidates are going door to door and it seems Jim Lyall is having a public meeting and an open house in Goose Bay.

Personally I would like to see more public meetings held by potential and present politicians. Nain with a population 0f around 1300 should be large enough and eclectic enough to warrant that sort of a forum.

With such a large group of Nunatsiavut [the B word] living outside CKOK listening area now maybe the time for all those who give a hoot to lobby and come to the aid of Okalakatiget Society to get up on line.

No comments: