Friday, April 18, 2008

Is that glass in your window?




Why yes it is.

Now we have a professional studio with glass in the window. Some toes may have been stepped on in getting the replacement glass here and not three months from now, but hey.

One of the producers jokingly said, "I just got used to talking to the people through the hole in the wall, now I have to get used to this way [head phones] again."

The studio door hardware supplied has also been replaced with a the correct type of hardware and a closure, man was that an unnecessary long battle too.

3 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

Now that looks really nice. And its even installed properly (at an angle).

Congrats to all the station personnel!! :-)

Brian said...

Keen eyed PD eh. 5 degree angle to be precise.
So ex cop, ex cab driver to be again? Knows so much about broadcast studios, what’s that about then?

Paradise Driver said...

LOL!

I was a radio disc jockey during my last year of high school and first year of college.

Little 250w station with a range of 300 meters. Okay, maybe a bit more ;-)

To eliminate the "bounce" off the walls, we used matted paper egg cartons.

That was over 40 years ago.

If I pick up a mike, I automatically slide into my announcers "voice". It "projects" better. My normal voice isn't quite as deep. :-)