Friday, April 11, 2008

Interesting in it?

One makes a casual observation about the cost of a food item and some unknown with a pineapple up their arse {you are supposed to remove the green part} goes ballistic with all sorts of bigoted ill informed trash.
I’d thank you for the congrats but considering the first part it may be just facetiousness.


My wife who is INUIT loves Leeks in soup; many INUIT have asked me how to cook leeks as well as other fresh vegetables they are unfamiliar with. We have not had leek soup for a long time because we can not afford them at that price.

We all live here together; for years now I have listened and overheard people complain about the high cost of various consumer goods and services. Do I tell them to go back to Hopedale, Webb's Bay, Black island, Hebron, Lake Melville? No I do not, because I think I am more understanding and tolerant than that.
What I do do [most do not] is go with any concerns I have to the appropriate people or entities to try and effect change that benefits all.

On more pleasant things. CKOK won’t be going on air again until Monday. The radio department office area needs organizing, computers set up, other office stuff to put in place etc. Four women of various ages can only do so much, way too many boxes to unpack and the like. But it will come together.

Thanks for the offer Ex Sham. You are correct about Canada Post, but let’s not complain, something might improve.

4 comments:

Old Brooktrout said...

Leeks were commonly grown in the mission and Inuit-owned gardens in days of yore. So I guess Labrador is already leek-land.

This new media centre is exciting. I'm happy for all the staff that they get the best of things now, where for many years they had to make due.

Wejitu said...

I asked you before, how long you been in Labrador or married? You still don't know that your wife is an Inuk? Jeeez.

Anonymous said...

It is my understanding that Inuit does not work the same as Canadian, Labradorian.
Inuit is akin to saying Newfies or Canuks.
I believe the correct wording would be "My wife is an Inuk".
Tell Fran "Phil" said Hi.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say using "Inuit" the way you did..
I apologize to all Inuit for the misstatement...