Monday, December 17, 2007

Pit stop.



Santa made a rest stop in town yesterday, so the community government decided to do a quick run through town with him, then to the old hall for a quick sit down with the kids and hand out some cheer.

I could not get down to see him so I gave my camera to grandma. Grandma being technically challenged gave the camera to the daughter who captured these shots.

Security was tight at the airport so daughter could not get a close up of Santa’s ride and deer power.
Closest was when Santa was driven through town in the Santa mobile, then some shots of the orderly assemblage at the hall.

Santa picked a good time for the stop over, -17 mean with wind chill of -20 was the best of the day.

Siutik and I took a walk up to the hills for an hour, she had plenty of fun running up and down the roads and plowing to a sudden stop into the soft off road snow. Walking into the wind was refreshing, still I had a sweat up after disrobing back at the house.

1 comment:

Dogbait said...

I was in town yesterday and saw Santa and now here is in Nain. Truly an amazing man!

He looks more comfortable in -20 than +30!