Sunday, August 12, 2007

Possible breakthrough.

After a short burst of “attach dog” style e mails I have been offered a spruce twig peace offering.
Actually it’s more like an offer of getting to the facts on how the movement of fresh produce is conducted under the food by mail program and the food lift subsidy.

I have accepted this offer, it’s short on details at the moment but things should become clearer over the next week.
I won’t be able to reveal much about what is going on for awhile, hopefully it will bring an end to any miss information, resulting in some bad blood between some folks.

Why the hell something like this has not been done before boggles the mind, perhaps it was intentional to dived and conquer, or perhaps it is just plain stupidity.

Next up on the list is who is actually benefiting under these programs. Is it the consumer as the programs were designed for, and if not why not. How many bloody headaches in that lot I wonder.


I think this is a great idea. The sooner this Province, better yet this town, implements legislation banning plastic bags the better off we will all be.
I think I mentioned in a previous post how many people in Montreal carry back packs as they go about their every day lives.

Here in the middle of the pristine wilderness [at least for now] we have plastic bags up the ying yang.
It bugs me no end to see people walk out of a store with things as small as a box of aspirin in a plastic bag.
Admittedly some people use cardboard boxes for larger grocery buys, but inevitably the goods are put in plastic bags before being put in the cardboard box.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I just can't understand why you aren't pursuing the matter with the NUNATSIAVUT GOVERNMENT with such fervor? Isn't the whole idea of self government to take over these programs and administer them in a manner that is acceptable to the local populace, not some beaurecrat a thousand miles away? All the taxes we pay are redirected back to NUNATSIAVUT for just that purpose. It seems to me like double dipping, when NUNATSIAVUT GOVERMENT takes the tax money but expects the services to be provided by external governments just like before, when there was no agreement! Maybe that's why you encounter some indifference and indignation from certain individuals from the prov/fed gov. I would think it would be just a matter for the NUNATSIAVUT GOVERNMENT to choose the right priorities. Signed DEAN SCOTT ERICKSON, NAIN, NL, CANADA, EARTH

Brian said...

Your presumptions of who I lobby are way off the mark, as usual.

I am fully aware of the political games being played, does that mean I sit back and do nothing like the vast majority, NO.
A little bit of moral support would be nice at times instead of your incessant negativism.

Anonymous said...

First, I was not trying to rain on your parade,I was only asking a simple question, I don't know the facts. Secondly, what do you mean, "as usual" and "incessant"? I don't recall ever having this discussion with you in the past and if you think I have been the one writing anonymous comments to you, then it is you who is being presumptuous. I would gladly support your cause if you didn't prattle on like such a cranky old wanker who's never satisfied with anything! Signed DEAN SCOTT ERICKSON, NAIN, NL, CANADA, EARTH

Brian said...

"prattle on like such a cranky old wanker who's never satisfied with anything!"

Better stop looking in that mirror Dean.
You were smoked out long ago. If you want to support or engage in discussion or ask questions of me then you better word your post differently.

Dogbait said...

Oooh, a flame war!