Thursday, August 16, 2007

Credit where credit due.

Just happened to drop into one of the stores around 1.45 pm on my way back from another assignment.
Fresh food produce shelves brimming full of guess what? Fresh produce. Good variety of the usual products, in good shape too most of it.

Checking around I find that the other larger store has their produce too.

I’m told the food by mail items arrived in Nain last evening. Checking around before that, I was told that the shipments were up at the air freight shed in GB before midday yesterday.
The smaller store handling produce received their stock Tuesday evening.


So that means it can work when all the signs align.

As a foot note: I’m not sure I fully understand why people in the public and private [who are being paid quite good bucks] sector get their noses out of joint when some one points out that their are continuing deficiencies in whatever they are getting those bucks to do.

There are some nice sums of public money involved in this very handy [for the consumer] food by mail program, as it is with the provincial food airlift program.

If more openness and accountability was engaged in then perhaps there would be more kudos thrown around. I know in the past I have informed INAC that things were going well.

For the amount of time and energy I put into some of these short comings in different areas of the system, for 0 dollars, then I should be the one getting upset with the lack of support, or kudos.

There is still work to do, years of experience has taught one that.

No comments: