Monday, July 17, 2006

This n That.

I must say I’m saddened by the death of the two RCMP officers out in Saskatchewan, for some reason I was under the impression they were badly injured but had good chance of recovery. Maybe I did not pay attention to the story, or perhaps the stories I read were not accurate, what ever, it is a sad loss.
There is a lot that can be done to improve policing and the laws that the police have to work by, but I always give officers on the ground a degree of lee way, there lot is generally under appreciated by many, me included.

It got up to 27.1 here yesterday, RDF and mid teens in St.John’s I see.

Our grandson went off fishing with his Nama and Papa yesterday, came back after 7. His mom and himself came bounding in with a big garbage bag, had half a dozen char that Matthew had caught, two over 3 pounds, he broke the rod on the largest. We were given two nice ones, be good with scrunchions tonight. I asked, “how come the fish are not cleaned”, his response was, “I just got back Grandpa”, like he was going to clean em, maybe in another year or two he will.

Some nice rain falling at moment, and about 15, good for the berries and the ponds.

Things are a bit slow at the fish plant so far this year. Only two boats doing scallops, the word is two more are on their way up. Char has been steady but not what you would call spectacular, more are coming in now, and I hear the Co Op received a large order for smoked char so this lift in char landings will help fill that.

I have many stories of the inequities of life here on the coast crashing around in my head, so many that my head hurts at times. I’m want to write about them, but I usually defer for various reasons, one of which is I like to get the facts first, and that takes time, then I like to approach the power brokers and the players to try sort things out that way. Alas that does not always work, just like the deterioration of the marine shipping and transport in general. Given time I’m going to write about some in next little while, and to hell with the local attitudes.

No comments: