Saturday, July 22, 2006

Politics, yuk, but ya gotta be in it..

Our beleaguered MHA was in town last week for couple days. If he is not beleaguered he should be.

Wally must have been pressed for time again; he did not get up to see me. That’s OK too; I can always send e mails of faxes, none of which he responds too in writing. He did call me maybe once or twice over the years, and he pulled his caddy up besides me as I was walking from the hospital back to my hotel in the Valley once. Each time it was to berate me for not being a good little boy for not thinking the sun shone out of you know who’s you know what. To be fair Wally did give me credit once when he introduced me to the premier of the day, Roger Grimes. It was for all the ground work I did resulting in Nain getting a new diesel generating Plant.
Any way, an interview Wally did on CKOK was aired yesterday. Wally sounded some what different, not sure what it was, maybe his stutter was not as prominent, would have to hear the interview again to pin it down. Wally went on with the usual rhetoric about all the constituency hard work he has been doing. Things like improving the marine transport, quality of fresh foods, more jobs outside the mineing area and fish plants, plus others. Earth to Wally, things are regressing in those areas, and have been for years.
One strain through out the interview did strike me as different. Wally kept giving the heads up to work the Provincial Government is doing on our behalf. Why he almost begged his constituents to be really nice to the new Minister for Works Services and Transport. I’m told that Wally is a good constituency man, and I believe he is a good party man, so it is odd that he would be tripping over himself to give the other party kudos to that extent.

Maybe Wally is just good bloke, or maybe he is just a politician.

No comments: