Sunday, July 16, 2006

The heat goes on.

Up to 21.3 here yesterday. It's been 15 and above for about 15 days now, most days there is a brisk breeze, bugs sure get you if it drops though.
I hear the char are on the way in already, kind of early, but so is everything associated with the weather.

Being so hot I debated on having a BBQ or cooking in kitchen. Seeing I had to make bread anyway I decided on pizza and salad from the garden. My 12 grain is popular at moment, so did up 4 loaves with enough over for 2 piazzas. One was your usual salami, tomato sauce, 3 cheese. Other was chives, bok choi stems, asparagus, basil and 3 cheese.
The salad was bok choi leaves, spinach and the chive flowers with a honey/mustard/pepper vinaigrette.
A nice home made Bolero washed it down well.

Pity about St.John's getting all that crappy weather eh? Guess it's true, money cant buy everything.

3 comments:

The Fishician said...

I smell another feature for "Canadian Pizza Magazine."

Did you ever consider doing them up frozen and supplying Lab Investments, or Big Land, or whatever it is they call themselves nowadays (The province once tried to sucker the Feds into building the government store as a 'welfare' project; as far as i can tell they said no) ?

A real gourmet pizza would be a good thing, mind you the frozen pizza market has improved in the last few years. Delissio is not total garbage.

I was in Italy last year. The guy brought me a pizza, put it down, and cracked a raw egg on it. I was trying to be polite so i ate it.

Brian said...

From my knowledge the Province was very successfully in 'suckering' the Feds over the years. The entire infrastructure on the coast, things like stores, fuel storage, roads, water sewer, and housing and on and on was built under the Native Funding Agreement. I’m not sure what the percentages are now, but at one time it was 80/20 or some times 100 on the Fed side.
Even outside the Native Funding nothing gets done in Labrador unless it’s at least 50/50 funding, but I will leave that in the hands of WJM.

The Fishician said...

In early days, it seems was typically 80/20 for projects in Inuit communities, 100 in Innu communities, on account of all the people of mixed heritage in Inuit communities, at least that's how the Feds appear to have seen it (they used different terms).